Almost everyone has been in a sticky situation with their keys at least once. However, not everyone knows when they should call a locksmith or when they should try to figure out things on their own. If you fall into that category, this list of seven times you should call a locksmith is for you.
1. Locked out of your house—Stepping out of your house for a second to grab the newspaper or the mail always seems harmless, until you can’t get back in. If you find yourself outside of your house without your keys, resist the urge to climb through a window or jimmy the door open yourself – call a locksmith at Eastway Lock & Key, Inc. instead.
2. Locked out of your car—This is one situation everyone lands in at least once in their lifetime. If you’re outside your car looking in at the keys, don’t waste your time wondering what to do. Call us for help right away!
3. After a break-in—Did someone break into your home? We realize this can be a disconcerting situation that may leave you extra vigilant about your house’s security. In light of this event, call us to help you come and switch out your locks with new ones.
4. Key stuck in your ignition—You leave your keys in the ignition while you step out of your car for a second, but the door accidentally shuts behind you. Give us a call, and we’ll get to you and your car right away to get you out of this tricky situation.
5. Broken keys—Broken keys are a big inconvenience, especially if you can’t get into your car or your house. Reach out to us, and we can help you replace your keys and even re-key the locks in your home.
6. Following a move—You recently bought a new home and were handed the keys . . . but don’t get too comfortable yet – call us so we can re-key the locks and ensure anyone with the old keys can’t get back in.
7. Lost keys—You’ve searched and searched everywhere and have deemed your car or house keys officially lost. Save yourself any additional frustration by having us come and make you new keys.