A burglar alarm system that goes off falsely can have a negative impact on your business, particularly when it takes first responders away from real emergencies. But false alarms can cause other problems for your business as well. If it happens too often, neighbors may ignore a real alarm when it happens. Over time false alarms may make your business more vulnerable to crime. Eastway Lock & Key can help reduce false alarms with your burglar alarm system.
Common Reasons for Burglar Alarm System False Alarms:
- Employees not following daily opening and closing procedures.
- The public and vendors having open access to your facilities.
- Employee error.
- Multiple suppliers and service providers having open access to your facilities.
- Janitorial staff not following procedures.
- Faulty equipment.
- Acts of nature (strong winds, electrical storms, etc.).
How to Prevent and Reduce Burglar Alarm System False Alarms:
- Train all employees thoroughly on your burglar alarm system.
- Hold regularly scheduled training sessions to ensure all employees are aware of any changes to the system (e.g., pass codes).
- Be aware of holiday-related false alarms due to untrained seasonal or temporary help, carelessness due to long hours or office parties.
- Move hanging objects away from motion detectors and sensors.
- Ensure all doors and windows are secure and locked prior to arming the system.
- Inform your monitoring center of new pass codes and arming codes, and of new or removed authorized users.
- If there is a question as to whether or not the anti theft system is working properly, immediately contact your security provider to check the status of your burglar alarm system and any related or connected devices.
- Service and maintain the system regularly (including batteries) before false alarms occur.
- Upgrade your old burglar alarm system.
Our Charlotte commercial burglar alarm system services include running the wire, installing the equipment, as well as connecting and testing. We also provide replacement parts for existing systems at our showroom located in Charlotte.
No matter what your business needs or your budget, Eastway Lock & Key, Inc., has the tools to set you up with the best commercial burglar alarm system available. Get a free quote today or give us a call at 704-347-1088.